Monday, February 28, 2011

Gap year opportunities

Gap year opportunities?
Ok so I'm in my 1st-3rd (taking different classes in each year because I fell behind) year of a nursing degree in Canada. Its a 4 year program. I'll have 3 more years to go after this as I have been part time. Lately life has been unbelievably stressful, breakups in long term relationships, all of my friends have moved, some out of province some hours away. I feel very alone, depressed, over all not happy with my life. School is such an extra stress on me, as I am really struggling to get through. For the last three years I've worked my ass off and feel like I've come out with nothing. I just want a break from it all. I have enough nursing and clinical skills to really make a difference somewhere just no degree as of yet to show it. I want to just take next year off, go over seas somewhere and volunteer doing some sort of health care or peacekeeping work, maybe work with HIV/AIDs patients. I just need a reality check to just get out there and help those who need it and just leave my now life behind and come back with a new perspective on life. Only problem is I cannot seem to find any organizations who would allow for this... I see many that require a degree, or make you pay literally thousands of dollars to volunteer, or a few that want teachers aids, but thats not really my thing. Wondering if anyone knows of good volunteer opertunities like the ones I mentioned above, maybe an organization that would train you, for the nessisary tasks that I can now do but am not officailly "quilified" for?
Other - Destinations - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
two words. ROAD TRIP! always wanted to go on one...:)


Read more discussion :