Thursday, May 14, 2009

Is the Australian RN degree equivalent to the Canadian RN degree

Is the Australian RN degree equivalent to the Canadian RN degree?
Is the Australian Bachelor of Nursing Science degree equivalent to the Canadian Bachelor of Science in Nursing? If I obtained a degree in Australia, is it transferable to Canada? I had e-mailed the College of Nurses in Ontario to find out, but they said that I needed to apply for an assessment. I'm nowhere near ready to apply for an assessment, so I was just wondering if anyone else had experience in the matter. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Higher Education (University +) - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
It should be. If I were you, pose your query to other universities and see what their take is.
2 :
Your education would have to be evaluated by the college of nurses )our licensing bodies are called colleges) in the province in which you want to be licensed. Most of the provinces in Canada require a 4 year BSN for initial licensure



 Read more discussion :