Monday, November 1, 2010

Where to find the right school in US if you not a US citizen

Where to find the right school in US if you not a US citizen?
Hey, my question is probably a little too broad but I will try to give more details so that someone will be able to give a good advise. I am going to American 2 year college (have one more semester) so it is time for me to think about a University to transfer to get my bachelor degree in nursing. But I am not American citizen, I am permanent canadian resident. I was thinkin about a school in Canada but I would rather be in US. I know that probably the best way to find scholarships is simply to contact a school you want to attend. But what if I sent emails to so many schools and none of them gave me a normal responce about the scholarships they provide. I just can't even pick the school I would wanna try to apply for. I have 4.0 GPA, I am in honors and I will join Phi Theta Kappa next semester. I hope someone had deal with the same dilema, so I would really appreciate if someone could help!
Financial Aid - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Go to www.petersons.com. This is a comprehensive search engine for all of the colleges in the USA. You can search by major, location, tuition, sports offered, admissions ease, size, lots and lots of things. You can register on the site, but you don;t have to to do the search. This wll be the best way to find schools, it is how I found mine! There are links there to the schools websites as well. Go to the Financial Aid website, they will detail all of the aid available, though since they aren't accepting scholarship applications now (Oct-March) they might not have them posted). Financial aid offices are busy right now, and they aren't always totally helpful. You really need to call them, that will guarantee that they will help you.. There are specific scholarships for international students, you can't just apply for most of them. Unfortunately most of it will probably have to come from loans.
2 :
I would try going to the websites of the colleges your interested and see if they have scholarship info there, usually they do. Also, you could try calling these schools and setting up an appointment with financial aid. I was wondering, are you planning to work here in the US? If so, many hospitals here have programs where if you work for their hospital they will pay for your education. You might want to look into that. There are so many colleges here so your best bet is to find the one that you think you can afford.(Nursing programs down here are expensive). Hope that helps!



Read more discussion :