Thursday, October 14, 2010

Going from Practical Nurse to Registered Nurse

Going from Practical Nurse to Registered Nurse?
Hello, I live in Ontario Canada. I'm still in high school and I want to be a nurse. I have the required courses to be a practical nurse for next year. I will be attending college for 2 years to become a practical nurse but I was wondering, once I get my diploma, could I be able to go to university and become a registered nurse? If so, how will I become a registered nurse? How long will I have to be in university to become a registered nurse if I already have a diploma? What colleges and universities in Ontario go hand in hand for my situation? Also, what is a registered practical nurse (RPN)? Will I be a RPN if I go to college for 2 years in practical nursing then go to university to get a degree in registered nursing? I'm very confused and I need your help please! Thank you for your time. :D
Higher Education (University +) - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Usually Universities require you to complete a great number of classes (usually 100 credit hours and above) no matter if you already have a diploma (in your case a diploma in practical nursing). You would have to talk to the University councelor to see if that diploma can replace some classes meaning that you wouln't have to take certain classes.



Read more discussion :