Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Transfer from Canadian Liberal Arts University to an American College? Fees? Tuition? Work Visa

Transfer from Canadian Liberal Arts University to an American College? Fees? Tuition? Work Visa?
I am a 26 year old waiter/carpenter/student working on a Bachelor of Arts degree in History at a Liberal Arts school in Ontario. My girlfriend is in the process of potentially transferring as a nurse in Canada to Virginia for a contractual term and our decision is hinging on whether I would be able to go with her and be socially productive (work or school). My idea is to perhaps get a transfer from my University to a College in the area, to finish my very last semester, but I am uncertain as to how much a semester of tuition costs for an average University in the States and whether the transfer is a smooth one. Most importantly however, I want to see if I hypothetically take correspondence courses at my current University to finish up, what could I do to get a work Visa? Even if only temporarily. Any help is appreciated
Studying Abroad - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Ask your present university if it will allow you to finish by correspondence and/or whether it will allow you to do your last semester at the American uni where your girlfriend is going to live Ask that American university if it will accept you for just one semester. Ask the US authorities if you can get a working visa.



Read more discussion :