Thursday, April 14, 2011

I feel like I'm going to have a nervous break down

I feel like I'm going to have a nervous break down...?
I filed for permanent residency to Canada in March this year. While it has been processing I have traveling back and forth between Canada and the U.S because my family is so negative and antagonistic that I had to stay with my husband (a Canadian) in Canada most of the time. An example of how they are is-I lent my parents money I had saved for college, they said they'd pay me back so I could continue with my degree, instead they spent the money on clothes and other things and when I asked for it back they told me how ungrateful I am and that I have no right to ask them for anything because I'm a child (I'm 22 years old) They also hid a letter I received from immigration requesting fingerprints. I should have received the letter in April, but like I said someone hid it and I found it while visiting them in September. My husband and I have also been supporting my grandmother who was placed in a nursing home by my parents that had no running water, no light and had a deceased women sleeping in the same room with her. So we are spending about $800 a month to keep her in a better nursing home. I sent my fingerprints to the FBI as part of the immigration process it's been 12 weeks they are stalling and I am running out of money, I have overstayed my time in Canada and I am desperate I don't know who to contact because the FBI keep telling to call back next week (I've been calling for 3 weeks now). So basically now I am left with the choice of putting my grandmother on the streets, figuring out which embassy, diplomat or whoever I need to speak to get some sort of help quickly or just sit and be depressed. I know and understand a lot of people out there have it worse than me and I think about that everyday and think that everything will be okay, but lately everything has been too much and I don't know what to do...please help.
Family - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Your husband should be supporting you even if he lives in Canada. Contact the American Consulate and see if they can help speed things up. Meanwhile try and find a job, any job to support yourself until you can move. Contact United Way to see if they can help with grandmother. You can also contact Human Resource department and see if they can help. Look into low cost housing and if you have to, apply for food stamps. If you have worked at all see if you can apply for unemployment benefits. Other sources you can try is contacting your local Representative, your senator, congressman, and state Governor to help with your application to Canada.



Read more discussion :