Tuesday, February 28, 2012

How do I become a CRNA (certified registered nurse anesthetist) in canada

How do I become a CRNA (certified registered nurse anesthetist) in canada?
Is it true that they don't offer programs in canada, ontario? How much do they earn? Is it true that I have to move to the united states? I really dont want to? How many years?
Health Care - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Nursing is a brilliant profession, I have met many tremendous nurses in my life, both ladies and gents. My daughter found some brilliant tips about it on the site in the box below, and now she is in her initial year of training.
2 :
There is no professional designation of Registered Nurse Anesthetists in Canada, therefore there are no education programs to prepare for this field. It is currently under the scope of practice of physicians and not nurses. I am not even sure the role fits in the nursing scope of practice as it is highly specialized and not diverse. The legal definition of nursing in Canada is written from the perspective of healing and says that nurses help to maintain, restore, and promote health, so I guess it could be argued that the role of the nurse anesthetist does not meet this definition as it is so highly specialized At any rate you cannot be train or work as a nurse anesthetist in Canada. You would have to prepare as a physician and then specialize in anesthesiology if you want to be a anesthetist in Canada.


Read more discussion :