Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Is it possible to pursue university studies in Canada even if you've been out of the country for some time

Is it possible to pursue university studies in Canada even if you've been out of the country for some time?
I'm a dual citizen of two countries and I've spent the past few years in the Philippines finishing off my Bachelor's degree in Nursing and I plan to go back to Canada to further my post secondary studies in the field of medicine or physical therapy/radiology. If it's at all possible, what academic requirements should I attain or what would I need to do to gain entry to a university/medical school?
Higher Education (University +) - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Hmm...In terms of medical school, you should look up the prerequisite courses of the universities you'd like to apply to (ie organic chem, physics, etc). Each school has different requirements. I mean, it's definitely possible to apply, however, you need to keep in mind that some of your credits may not be accepted/transferrable. It might be a better idea to complete your pre-req's in Canada because of this...As well, there are limited spots for international students, as most universities prefer those that have studied in Canadian schools. But then again, I won't pretend to be an expert. Contact the schools to find out...
2 :
This is something which is programme-dependent. The most convenient portal is www.aucc.ca which has information about foreign credentials and also links to all Canadian universities. Good luck.



 Read more discussion :