Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Social Service Worker or RPN

Social Service Worker or RPN?
Hey everyone. I just finished my BA in Psychology degree and now I would like to go to college for a diploma program. I am considering social service worker and registered practical nurse. I really don't know which one to choose I am considering things such as job availability, salary etc. Does anyone have any information? I live in Canada. Thanks
Other - Social Science - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I see the social service worker being more psychology and RPN being more science related. You may be able to do the same kind of work with both. I would think an RPN would also provide more job availability in medical non-mental health areas. If that would also be appealing and you have a mind for or are OK with doing the science education then go that way. If you don't and/or really don't want to do any of the science work, then go the other way.
2 :
Well it's hard for us to say since we don't know what you want to do.I am an RPN and I love my job. I work in a hospital and I make $26.05. Nursing jobs are pretty scarce in Ontario right now, especially for new grads but will change with time.


Read more discussion :