Sunday, April 14, 2013

How is nursing in the United Kingdom compared to Canada

How is nursing in the United Kingdom compared to Canada?
I'm a recent grad from nursing and was hoping to travel and nurse. I'd love to travel around Europe and thought a fun place to use as my home base would be London. Over the past few weeks though I've heard some bad things about nursing in the UK. Things such as poor wages, poor working conditions and lack of responsibilities/allowance to perform many of the nursing skills I do here in Canada. Help me please with any of your opinions. I'd like to find out as much as I could before I head over or if I should even head over. Thanks!!
Other - United Kingdom - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
The UK has a shortage of nursing staff.
2 :
Excellent! try Paddington Hospital or Royal Norther Hospital on Holloway Road, both in London. Nurses in England are trained in hospitals
3 :
Under paid and under appreciated. London is horribly expensive and unless you want to spend all your time in London you'd be better off somewhere where you'll have low enough costs to still have a life.
4 :
If you want to travel and are a registered nurse then New Zealand are desperate for qualified medical staff...seriously! Here is just one site advertising...there are plenty more! http://www.adhb.govt.nz/AucklandHealthCareers/ http://newzealandnow.info/ Good luck where ever you end up!



Read more discussion :