Friday, June 7, 2013

If, as a nurse in either Canada or California, I were to take 1 or 2 years off to do some volunteer work

If, as a nurse in either Canada or California, I were to take 1 or 2 years off to do some volunteer work...?
I'm a nurse, and I just wanted to ask... if I were to take about 2 years off to do some volunteer work in an impoverished country that does not involve nursing, what types of exams or prerequisites would I have to pass to become a nurse again in either California or Canada? I understand that I would have to be up to date on my knowledge while I'm gone, but my job there would most likely not allow me to have the time to take on another job nursing. Can someone please answer my question? Thanks in advance. :)
Other - General Health Care - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
well, you are asking about 2 different countries here! in either case, you need to check with the licensing boards. if you are only gone for a year, when you return your license should still be good and you shouldn't have any problem. it depends on how long you are licensed at a time, how long you are gone; etc, and what you would have to do to renew your license.


Read more discussion :