Sunday, July 7, 2013

Can a Practical Nurse use cosmetic lasers in Ontario, Canada

Can a Practical Nurse use cosmetic lasers in Ontario, Canada?
I am a Practical Nursing student in my last year and I want to take an esthetician course next year. I am interested in becoming a Nurse Esthetician, but I was wondering if I would be able to take a course in Canada to be able to use cosmetic lasers, inject botox, and perform dermabrasions with the Practical nursing license rather than bridging to become an RN. Also what other job opportunities are there in Canada with a Practical Nursing license and an Esthetician License? If you could answer my questions it would be greatly appreciated! This is something I've been wondering about and can't seem to find the answers I'm looking for. Thanks You.
Yahoo! Answers - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Have you looked at the options for students from Quebec? Ask me how I knows.
2 :
Inquire with the school. I believe that an LPN also requires cosmetology school and certification. An RN however takes specialty course work within the RN program and a certification / compentency test. The opportunities depend on location so search for careers / jobs for different areas in Canada and for occupations as an LPN and Esthetician. Y!A may provide more if you ask under Health category and Skin or career. Good Luck.


Read more discussion :