Sunday, March 7, 2010

Is it hard to immigrate to Canada, what's it like

Is it hard to immigrate to Canada, what's it like?
I grew up in the US, but I'm a citizen of a very developed European country. I speak English fluently with an American accent, so I won't be too much of an outcast. I took 3 years of French in High School (just graduated) and am planning on getting my master's degree in nursing. I'm planning on going to college all around Europe, and graduate school either in South Africa or Australia. After that, however, I'd like to immigrate permanently to an English speaking country. How hard would it be for me to immigrate to Canada? I want something that's similar to the country I grew up in (the US), but it's way too hard to immigrate there. At least I'll be close. I've known many Canadians and they're quite friendly, some of my best friends have been from Canada. However, I've also heard that they can be a bit prejudiced against foreigners. I've heard that it's incredibly hard to get a job if you've gone to school overseas and that Canadians are a bit racist. I'm white (from all around Europe), but both of my parents are European and grew up there, and I do speak a European language fluently and I'm not ashamed of my culture or anything.
Immigration - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
you should be okay getting in about finding a job people disregard degrees from unknown universitie i have no clue what you are talking about with us being racist toronto is the most multicultural city in the world you know and why can't you just say your european counrty my parents are from serbia and i have no problems saying it consindering how much the world hates serbians for the war and stuff
2 :
Canadians are no more and no less "racist" than citizens of other countries, but there's been some quiet resentment building against massive immigration, especially by newcomers who don't want to assimilate, or who get their cheap three year Canadian citizenships and the protection of Canadian passports, then go back to their native countries. The big problem for immigrants (and native-born Canadians) is lack of job mobility. Canada's economy is just not very good at creating jobs. It's been that way since the late 1960s. This is masked by apparently low unemployment rates, but in fact if someone loses a job in Canada it can be very difficult to find a replacement. Many immigrants come to Canada, try to "break into" the job market but fail. At some times, ~40% immigrants to Canada from Europe return to Europe. (Immigrants from India and Pakistan, on the other hand, stay forever, and bring their aged parents, brothers, cousins with disabilities, รข€” in fact the whole village...)
3 :
You sound quite negative, and uninformed about Canada. Three years of high school French won't get you far. You can apply to Canada when you have a degree and work experience. I suggest you spend some time there as a tourist. I wouldn't go on and on about white race while you are there visiting.


Read more discussion :