Thursday, July 1, 2010

I want to move to Vancouver, Canada. Please HELP me

I want to move to Vancouver, Canada. Please HELP me!?
I'm about to graduate from college and I choose a program for a year to be a practical nurse. I want to continue my studies and get a bachelor's degree to be a RN. Can practical nurses find jobs in Vancouver? I'm 20 and I've always wanted to move to Canada. I choose Vancouver because I want to also pursue my acting career. Is Vancouver the right place to go? How expensive will it be for me to find an apartment for myself. Will I be able to live there legally if I decide to move this year? I'm so confused and I really need help from any Canadians who really live there or know Canada well to please explain to me. This is really important to me. I want to also continue going to college. I was wondering is there any type of help like federal aid for college students? I also read Canada is a really expensive country to live in...I'm not rich or anything but I'm sure people still manage to survive in Canada right? I lived in NYC and everything is expensive there too and I did okay. I worked and went to school and didn't spend my money on junk. Just to pay bills and food. Oh and I also wanted to ask if I buy a car, is insurance really expensive there too? Does Vancouver have public transportation like NYC does? I plan on saving up money to make a trip to Vancouver with my mom to see how the country is like. Which months should I avoid traveling? No rude answers please and excuse me if I have any writing errors. I'm in a bit of a rush now lol.
Vancouver - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
get some infos from this site www.vancouver.hm/immigration.html about moving into Vancouver Canada
2 :
For you to attend college here, you must apply as an International student and pay International tuition fees. Much more than what a Canadian citizen pays. There are no Canadian bursaries or grants available to foreign students, only citizens. There are ones available in your own country however. While Vancouver is expensive, if you are used to a place like NY, there shouldn't be much difference. Might I suggest browsing through the local kijiji classified site, so you may get a feel for rental amounts. AS you would have to apply for a student visa to be able to live and study here, that puts a limit as to how many hours you may work. Without a visa, you may not live here. Vancouver is considered Holly wood North, so it would be the place to be for an actor, or maybe Toronto and Montreal. People manage to survive here in Canada because while yes, it is more expensive, we have a higher minimum wage and many things Americans pay for out of pocket are socialized here and come from tax dollars. Insurance is always expensive for young people, and you will have to apply for a BC drivers licence, as your American one is only good here for a period. And of course Vancouver has public transportation. There are no months you should avoid traveling.....the weather is rather nice there year round.



Read more discussion :