Wednesday, April 28, 2010

what premed degree should i take for med school

what premed degree should i take for med school?
I want to go to med school cause i have a passion for medicine and i love the sciences. I have a few options. this janurary i am starting school and taking my pre-requisites, if i take two summer classes i can get it done in a year then go into nursing, when done nursing school i can apply to med school, cause if i don't get in, then at least i would be a nurse. My thing is i am 26 so it would be nice to get into med school sooner, therefore i have decided to take two math classes making the one year of pre-reqs turn into a year and a bit. now i dont have to do this but it really opens up the possibilities for me to apply to other schools across canada and into the states. so considering all of this and wanting to get my degrees done as soon as possible i have been leaning towards the idea of getting my 4 year science degree then applying to med school. If i dont get accepted to med school i can always take the two year nursing course only available to people with a previous degree. my thing is that if i dont get accepted into med school i dont want to be doing research making $19 an hour. I make more than that now with no education.. and my goal is to work in a hospital not research. anyhow... what do you think.. should i go nursing or science as my degree? take the math classes? should i double major or will that just make things harder for me thus not getting as good of grades. neuroscience and pharmacology is what i was thinking. however there is a few classes of neuroscience that seem uninteresting as i read them, thinking it might be harder to get better grades. haha otherwise physiology as one or taking physical science as a minor cause i think physics and planet science is interesting as well. would that be weird majoring in neuro and minor in earth and planet science. haha again should i double major. so many questions. sorry about the story book, but thanks for your time.
Higher Education (University +) - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I recommend nursing. You can make $30/hr after you graduate. Good luck.



Read more discussion :