Friday, May 7, 2010

Career choices for Canada

Career choices for Canada?
My husband and I are wanting to move to Canada in the next few years. After research we found that his career (wide range of jobs he can do) is considered a "B", so we should be good for the skilled worker's program. I have a question though...I am in college now, and I don't know if I should change my major, or even if I change it will it even transfer to Canada? For example, I looked up Nursing (RN), but if I am coming from the United States it seems like I don't qualify to be a Canadian RN. I know that I have to take a test to be considered a Canadian RN, but do I have to have a four year degree? Here in America we can become RN's through Associate Degrees. What have other Americans done to secure a career in Canada? I feel so lost! Thanks for your answers! -Sydney I guess what I am saying is, I am confused on what career I should pick that will transfer over to Canada, even if I do have to test. I guess I am worried about the four + years degree.
Other - Canada - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
You could consider related medical fields, such as respiratory tech, Xray tech, ultra sound, etc some of the technician fields etc These are all needed in Canada. You do need to take the RN program in Canada apparently to qualify, Canada has very high education standards compared to most other countries. Yahoo is editing without asking permission and really making a mess of what is written
,



Read more discussion :