Friday, May 28, 2010

Recommendations for colleges with good history and nursing programs

Recommendations for colleges with good history and nursing programs?
Can anyone recommend a good college or university outside of Arizona that has good history and nursing programs? I know for sure that I want to major in History but I'm not sure yet about Nursing but hopefully I should know by next year since I am going for my CNA license next semester so I can get a job in the medical field in a Hospital or Nursing home to get some experience before I decide if I want to go into the medical field. At the moment I am at a community college in Arizona and this semester I got a few A's but mostly B's and I did 14 credits this semester. After the next semester I am transferring to another community college in another town that has more class options as the school I am at now is rather limited in what they can offer. I'm looking for a College/University that doesn't charge an arm and a leg in out of state tuition and that makes it easy to become a resident after a year. I'm also looking for somewhere that is not as hot as Arizona because I am tired of feeling like I am in an oven during the summer and other parts of the year. I'm willing to go abroad if needed but only if the cost for the University is reasonable and my degree would be accepted by countries such as Canada, the U.S., the U.K., ect... I'm also thinking that I would like to minor in a foreign language but I'm not sure yet. My general plan at the moment while at community college is to get an Associates Degree in General Studies to get all of my core classes out of the way. I didn't do too well in High School but I am doing much better in College now. Any recommendations please?
Higher Education (University +) - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
You need to pick either nursing or history. It makes absolutely no sense to do both. A degree in history is pretty useless unless you plan to teach. A minor in a foreign language would be a good idea if you plan to go into nursing. With a few A's and mostly Bs, your chances of getting into a nursing program would be slim. Nursing programs are very competitive and only take the best of the best. Any school that you go to outside of your home state is going to charge you "an arm and a leg" for tuition. Every state / school has different requirements for what counts as a resident.


Read more discussion :